Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Max's 8th Birthday party




Max had a Lego party for his birthday this year.  The boys are way into legos right now, so we went along with the fun.  This cake was by far the hardest one yet.  It was quite frustrating but Max said he thought it was cool so that's all that counts.  I baked 10 different little cakes in bread pans and frosted each of them with the five different colors.  The stacking and not trying to blend the frosting was way harder that I thought.  If I wanted to get really fancy,  I should have used fondant but I don't care that much.  As you can see,  I'm not a professional.  The tops were just marshmallows cut in half.  I'm glad that one is over but, like I said, Max enjoyed it.  For the opening of presents, Nick taught the Spanish kids the "Heavy Heavy Hang Over" game.  They thought is was fun to bonk him on the head with their presents and have him guess who it was. We are super happy to have Max in our family.   He is such a sweet boy and we feel SO blessed he's ours.  In our church the kids are able to be baptized at the age of eight if they choose.  He is really excited and looking forward to being baptized.  We are so proud of who he is and the good decisions he makes.  We love you Max!























3 comments:

  1. Okay, I LOVE that cake. It looks SO good. Good job!! I might have nightmares about trying to frost marshmallows, but you did an awesome job! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah said, "If I'm 7 then Max just turned 8." Totally still thinking about you guys. Our kids would still be best buds because Noah had a Lego party too (post to come sometime. Our first visitors just left Japan today). Happy birthday Max!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beega,
    Seriously when did you start this cake making craziness? It's amazing! I'm totally impressed with your creativity, love the marshmellows. What a fun mom you are to do such fun cakes for their birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: