Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jake's 5th B-day party

Today we celebrated Jake's 5th birthday.  He has been looking forward to it for so long.  How do kids grow up so fast?  He chose to have a dinosaur party and lucky for him, I hadn't done one of those yet with the older boys. It was a new and exciting party to plan.   It was fun to have him give me ideas of things to do and help decorate the cake.  He wanted a volcano cake with dinosaurs around it.  He helped me decorate it from the beginning to end.  He was so excited about the lava.  I loved spending that time with him, just the two of us.  It was one of those moments where I was reminded how much I love my job as a mom.  He can be quite the little stinker,  but deep down, he is so sweet and I'm so glad I'm one of the few he will show that side to.  


























Happy Brirthday Jake!!! We love you!

4 comments:

  1. So cute!! I can't believe that he's five! What the heck. It really has been a long time since Cleveland, hasn't it! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinker? Never! I LOVE this little guy!!

    Happy Birthday, Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    I'm so impressed with your cake making abilities! I especially loved the bull, did you make that one as well? I can't believe your little guy is 5 already, that means I'll have a 5 year old soon, too! I thought I would return the favor and comment on your blog since you've been so good to comment on mine. I loved seeing you and your boys, they're so much fun. I can't wait to see what Max chooses for his cake, GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special cake! I love that you did it together and it really turned out cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: