Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sleep


Yes- We are getting sleep.  These two good boys have been sleeping through the night for about three weeks now.  YEA!  For whatever reason the seven month mark has been consistent with all of my boys.  All five started sleeping on a great schedule at seven months.  So these two are following the trend.  I can't take the credit this time though.  Our schedule before was that I would go to bed at 9 and Nick would stay up and give them their 10:30 feeding. Then he would go to bed and I would take the 1:00, 3:30, and the 5:30 so he could be rested for work the next day.  Well we were tired and done.  So one night- I told Nick I was going to bed and he had to stay up but skip the 10:30 feeding. I hate hearing them cry hard but I know that's what it takes sometimes.  Thank goodness, Nick took over and spared me the pain.   Of course they woke up expecting food but Nick just gave them the binky instead.  He said they cried for about an hour and that is it!  Total!  That's all it took.  All we had to do is skip that 10:30 feeding for one night! We've had a good night's sleep for three weeks now.  So good job, Nick for  helping them learn to sleep and good job, babies for being so wonderful!  Love you all!











4 comments:

  1. I just barely did that with Claire a couple months ago and she is 16 months. You are awesome! Good job on getting them to sleep and I am so glad that you can sleep now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Nick and babies! (And Rebecca for letting Nick deal with the babies!)

    Being able to get a good night's sleep is amazing! Here's to feeling TOTALLY rested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sleep depravation is one of the things I am least looking forward to here in the next few weeks. I can't imagine it with two!!
    Yay for good babies and I echo what Claire said-getting a good night's sleep is definitely the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way proud of you both, Nick and Rebecca, for taking the challenge of raising another two boys.... you two are awesome parents, and you best believe I will always be an awesome Uncle. : )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: