Thursday, April 8, 2010

Our drive to Madrid

This is how the long drive to Madrid worked for us.  I sat in the back to break up the boys and to be able to attend to the babies.  It was probably why we made it at all.  I could hand out the food, set up the movies, and sing the silly songs.  




This is how Tanner started out and I thought we were in for it for the whole time.  It didn't last long and both babies did a great job.





This is the view from where we stopped to eat and give them a break to run around.  The drive was beautiful with the green hills and random castle ruins.  I think I counted around ten castles on the way.





Caden and Max ordered hamburgers. They got this baguette bread with a piece of ham on it.  Interesting.  We do love the bread.  One of our favorite things we've found here in the Spanish restaurants, are bocadillos or montaditos (sandwiches).  They are on this fresh baguette bread with yummy ham and cheese.  But, Hamburgers?




It took us 7 hours but the city was worth it.  That's coming up in the next post.



2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. How cool you got to go to the temple, together, without kids. I'm also glad you guys have finally made some friends! Kidding, kidding. I can't believe you live in such a beautiful place. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! The long car journey always hangs over me like a dark cloud, but it's never as bad as I make it out to be, thank goodness.

    You and Nick are looking great and your boys are just sooooo handsome!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: