Friday, April 9, 2010

Madrid Day One

Morning at the Madrid Temple


We are so lucky to have had our friends, Javier and Beatriz visiting their family in Madrid the same week we went.  They were so helpful and we got to have a lot of fun with them too.  The first day we were there, they took all of the boys for us so Nick and I could go to the Madrid temple.  As always it was absolutely beautiful and we could really feel the spirit.  





Nick is going to kill me for putting this picture in but I couldn't resist.  He has a history of putting out his arms like that in many of his pictures (unconsciously) showing his love for where he is.  I pointed it out to him a while ago and since he's made an effort to not do it.  I didn't mean for him to stop- it's one of those great things about him.  It shows his passionate personality. So here he was joking and I snapped it quick.  Sorry, Nick, but I love it.









After the temple, we went back to Beatriz's brother's house where our boys were playing with their daughter Lucia and her cousins, Paula and David.  Then we all headed into the city to this beautiful park.    It's kind of like their Central Park.  We fed the pigeons, played on the swings, and went on a boat ride around the lake.



Notice Jake below-




















Beatriz and Javier (He's our Branch President)


Lucia






Eating our bocadillos and Spanish tortillas


3 comments:

  1. I remember seeing that in Nick's mission pictures way back in the day. That's funny. I love Jake's classic pout photo. Infact- in all of them he's doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in an apartment right next to the temple! It is crazy to see it again.
    I spent a lot of time at the Retiro - such a wonderful place to relax. I hope you guys are having a wonderful time in Madrid! If you like impressionist art - there is a beautiful home/museum of the artist Sorolla there in Madrid - immensely beautiful and full of love. That Prado is nice too, but a different feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI guys (this is Randy not Melanie),
    Wow! This looks like so much fun. Wish we were there to explore with you. Your twins are huge...can't wait to meet them in person. We move in one month and are trying to cram everything in to these last few weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: