Monday, February 8, 2010

Big catch up

We're well into the new year and have much to catch up on.  So this is a random post of the latest month or so.

Christmas was so much fun with the ages our boys are at.  They were thrilled to receive their gifts of course, but they also were excited about the gifts to each other and taking treats around to friends. I appreciate my boys and how much they love doing things for other people.  It was fun to have our new babies this Christmas too.  Our line of stockings increased by two.  I love it. 





This year for New Years, Nick and Caden were the brave ones.  I stayed back with the other four boys while Nick and Caden walked in to the city center to celebrate with the Spanish.  Here during the last 12 seconds of the year, with each chime of the the church bell,  you're supposed to try to eat 12 lucky grapes.  



The big holiday here in January is "Three Kings" day.  The parade was hilarious.  They don't just toss some candy out, they throw it out in full force.   Jake had to hide behind me  because he didn't like getting decked in the head over and over. People just held out their umbrellas upside down and let the candy fall in.  Also when the floats would end, everyone would hurry to another part of the city and have it come by again.  We followed it twice but most people kept going.

The babies are now five months.  They are growing too fast.  Each stage is bitter sweet.  It's fun to see them develop and get their personalities but that means they'll never be this little again.  As much work as they bring, we wouldn't want it any other way.  They bring us all so much joy.  The older boys are so in love with them.  They probably get a little too much love but that's what happens to the babies of the family.  I remember smothering my baby sister Emme so I know how they feel.  Anyway, that's the latest with us.  Babies are calling!




This slideshow contains some of the latest pics of the twins.




Below are a few video clips from our lives here. Might be interesting to some...









4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness.

    Your boys are SO adorable! I looked at all your pictures and watched all your vidoes. I'm in love with these little guys! RObbie told me to be quiet, cos I kept sayign "aw" when I was watching the video of little Spencer falling asleep. And the floats throwing sweets?! Hello - my dream come true!? I would have been standing, head back, mouth open, ready to receive all the sweets thrown in to my cavernous mouth.

    It was nice to hear your voice too, Pack. Looks like your little family are flourishing in Spain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun! I love the pics of the babies. They are SO darling. I wish I could squeeze them. It makes me miss you guys. Can we just please come visit?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a great time catching up on everything you have going on. I loved the videos of your house and all the fun adventures you've been having. I'm sure you here this all the time but what a fantastic experience to really be so immersed in everything. Hayden was reading this with me and he blurted out "What, he can read better in Spanish!!!????" Very impressive! I'm glad time is flying for you, that's the way it should be!!! Thanks for sharing so many great things with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Rebecca. What's your secret to success? Your boys are always dressed in cute clothes, they're very well fed (love the fat rolls) and you even remember to get footage of their first time eating solids. I am so behind in everything. Last week I took Landon to church in his pajamas and fed him his jar of baby food during sacrament meeting. Oh, and we still don't have a high chair set up so I just feed him in his bouncer seat. You AMAZE me!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: