Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting closer

I know these posts are just info and no pictures but we still have a ton to do before the babies come and I'm sure it will be picture overload when they arrive. So I thought I would just share thoughts right now since I can't really do much other than just sit. We are getting settled more everyday, thanks to the help of my mom. She has not stopped working to get our things put away and organized. She is truly saving us right now. I don't know how we would do this without her.

I'm very big and uncomfortable. I'm now 36 weeks and grateful to have gotten this far. Everyday that goes by helps me feel the babies will be OK and healthy. I have one more week before I'm scheduled for a c-section. The countdown is on. As uncomfortable as I am, I still want to make it as long as I can for the babies. I really want them to be full term and as developed as possible. I can't wait to see them and hold them. I really love babies and I still can't believe that I get to have two at the same time. As hard as it will be, I know it will also be so special. We know what their names are but we are going to wait until they are born to announce them. So stay tuned.

Caden, Max, and Jake are such great boys. They have endured so much this year but they are still as sweet and good as ever. I'm lucky to have them. They are so excited to meet their baby brothers. It's a daily conversation now. I hope their enthusiasm continues through the crying and struggles we will face juggling two.

Nick is working hard in his new dental clinic. He is really enjoying the people he works with and the work itself. He has a lot on his plate as well. A couple of weeks ago in church he was asked to be a primary teacher. Most of the kids speak Spanish so they were thrilled to have him come. I thought it would be great since that's simple and he will still be able to help me and the babies on sundays, etc. Well last sunday when we showed up, our Stake President was there to meet us and asked to talk to Nick before the meeting. As members, we all know what that means. They have a new job to give. Well the new calling, is for Nick to be the 2nd counselor in the Branch Presidency. Wow- that's huge and it is not going to be easy. Our current President and counselor only speak Spanish, so we both felt that he would have the opportunity sometime since he's bilingual. But we thought that was down the road a ways. AND they are NOT going to release him from his primary teacher calling. Somehow, I'm going to have to juggle all five boys on sundays without Nick. How is it possible? I sure am glad that I have faith in our Heavenly Father because it seems too much to handle.

I keep thinking, what else could possibly happen this year for our family? 2009 will be unforgettable. I better go put my feet up. If I sit in this position for too long, they swell even bigger and they feel sprained.

We will post something exciting next time for sure. The 28th is the deadline. I'll be at 37 weeks!

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing!! I can't believe that you have managed to keep those babies in so long. I can't wait to see pics of them. I'll pray for you and the babes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh becca, i can remember those last few weeks. they are wrenching. the internal debates i had were crazy, my body felt like it was literally going to split open and yet all i wanted was for them was to stay in and grow so that they would be healthy. my boys were born at 35 weeks 4 days and didn't spend more then a few hours in the nicu. (and that was only because they had so many babies born that night they didn't have room in the regular nursery) they were healthy, beautiful and perfect in every way. the lord will bless you and your boys (all of them.)

    hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a great opportunity for you to get to know the others sisters in your branch who will love to help you. You are amazing Packer and I am so grateful for you sharing your story and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear things are going well. I can't wait to see pictures of your awesome house and those darling boys, the new ones as well! I hope all goes well, we will be praying for you. We miss you hear but it sounds like things are great there, good for you!!! Get some rest while you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing woman! How wonderful that you have made it this far with 2 babies! Can't wait to see pictures. Tell Nick congrats on his new calling. Dan was made Bishop of a brand new ward about 3 months ago. It has been an adventure. You guys will do great. Just take it one day at a time. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and delivery. Our blog is private, but if you want to take a peek send me an email: lamb.jamie@gmail.com (no pressure).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: