Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tokyo Trip #2

I had been looking forward to my trip to Tokyo for a long time.  That's where I got to meet my parents, my brother Craig and sis-in law Char.  I hadn't seen them in over two years and I missed them so much.  Nick took some leave from work so that he could stay home with the boys.  He did such a good job.  They all had a great time with dad and the house was spotless when I got home.  Good Job, Nick!  We had been to Tokyo last year and loved it but this time I got to see the city without carrying my boys up and down the million subway steps.  

The trip was perfect!  We had such a good time.  It had been so long seeing my family that I had to pinch myself that they were in Japan with me!  My brother Craig served his LDS mission in Tokyo 15 years ago and hadn't been back to visit.  I was SO impressed with his Japanese and it helped us get around a lot faster.  We visited his mission areas and his mission home.  It was so fun seeing and hearing his stories about his two years in Tokyo.   We also met up with an old friend of his and he took us around Nikko.  A beautiful tourist spot full of Shrines and a bus tour on top of the mountains.  ( I thought I was going to die driving on the windy road)  but it was so beautiful.  

One of the best things about Tokyo is the train system.  It is so entertaining to ride among so many people around the city.  We loved to people watch.  There are some really interesting people in the city.  I wish I could describe how much we laughed at some of the crazies but it you just had to be there.  



 Just remember rain and humidity make my hair frizz!
           My Brother Craig is 6"6.  A whole head taller than the Japanese. 
                    He looked like a giant. They are walking across THE busiest intersection in the world.  It's amazing.  
Char on the train. We were getting a picture of the cool hair style from the guy two seats to her left.  

Eating Katsudon and Soba in Nikko with Gokan-san.
My mom is in "Heaven".






My 2nd Tokyo trip was awesome.  It was so great to be with my mom and dad and Craig and Char.  It was a trip of a lifetime.  After Tokyo they came back to Okinawa, but that's a whole new post for another time.

7 comments:

  1. That looks so fun. Especially to be with your family. I want to come for a visit. It looks so beautiful there, and I want one of those fab pedicures. Congrats on being an aunt again. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss Japan! You are so lucky that you are still there. It was fun seeing all those photos. So how is your quilt coming? If you're like me, it's sitting there waiting to be worked on. Life gets busy. Hopefully someday I will be able to pick it up again and work on it. Those squares mean even more to me, now that we no longer live in Okinawa. Thank you for being a part of our group. I LOVE you square!! Keep in touch. We have a blog to. Check it out.

    Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are doing well. Love the picture of your brother standing out in the crowd, so funny. Your kids are growing up. It's been fun to catch up. -Robinsons (cleanmouth2@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of your brother, too. So true--they (and myself) are tiny people! Miss that place! Climb Fuji if you haven't and you have the time this upcoming summer--completely worth it. Caden would be old enough and strong enough to do it, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rebecca!
    I can't believe the adventures y'all are enjoying! How exciting! I talked to Hailey the other day and she said y'all may be making another big move? Well, you and your cute family are just adorable and I'm so happy you seem so happy! Keep in touch,
    Kristen Castleberry Rockwood

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey it's the Fedeles we found you guys off of the Neal's blog. Love your pictures! Can we add you to our blog to keep in touch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops I mean from adrianne's blog

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: